We are currently recruiting for a Yard Operative to join our Red Lodge site in Bury St Edmunds.
SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
Reporting to the Site Manager, responsibilities as a Yard Operative include;
- Loading and unloading lorries
- Moving vehicles between locations
- Completing inspection reports by recording the damage to vehicles as they arrive at the site
- Providing excellent customer service and support to both clients and suppliers and deal with any issues or concerns in an effective manner
- Cleaning vehicles and the site.
- Adhere to Health & Safety and company guidelines, and to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Imaging vehicles using video cameras recording clear and concise images and sounds.
Skills & Experience required;
- Forklift experience would be beneficial
- Have a basic understanding of vehicle parts
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
- Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
- Strong communication skills
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and multi task methodically
- Must be able to lift and handle heavy weights in a safe manner
- Experience of working outdoors in all weathers
Pay will be dependent on experience.
Working hours typically 08:30- 17:00 Monday to Friday. Overtime available at time and half when authorised/business needs. Fortnightly pay.