Our client is a highly successful automotive manufacturer currently enjoying sustained growth in car sales. They are now seeking an Accessory Product Manager to join their head office team based in the home counties/M25 region.
This role would suit a degree educated individual with strong numerical and analytical skills and the desire to build a career with a leading automotive manufacturer. Work experience in a commercial role – either as an intern or post graduation is required. Any experience working in the automotive sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
Overall purpose of role:
Support in developing the manufacturer’s accessory turnover and profit improvement plans, providing support for internal projects and dealer network initiatives. Support the accessory planning process and liaise with their European head office. Analyze market opportunities to exploit gaps in accessory product range. Produce robust reporting and return on investment analysis. Role includes responsibility for accessory sales performance across all the vehicle product range.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Support Product Manager with new product launch activity and ongoing cross functional project development
• Development of Quarterly Campaign planning, preparation and analysis reporting including marketing materials
• Liaison with internal departments and European head office to develop marketing initiatives
• Management of local supplier relationships including development of local accessory marketing strategies
• Full responsibility for managing all website activity including Dealer Intranet
• Research and analysis of accessory market trends in order to exploit profit opportunities, particularly focusing on emerging technology
• Management of the Merchandise Programme
The Successful Candidate will:
• Be a graduate, ideally with a marketing-related qualification (degree or other)
• Some previous supplier management experience is desirable
• Experience working for an automotive manufacturer or similar company – possibly on a graduate scheme would be advantageous but is not essential
• Be PC literate - strong Excel, Access and Powerpoint skills an advantage
• Good level of numeracy
• Be able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
• Strong prioritisation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
In return you will be offered a competitive basic salary, car and excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career with a highly successful and progressive automotive manufacturer.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.