We are a specialist consultancy acting across Cars, Motorbikes, Agricultural and Construction Vehicles, and HGV sectors. We help our clients tackle the complex challenges of their industry through bespoke, custom-built programmes with simplicity, clarity and speed – all with one thing in common: the customer.
Every project, across every channel, whether warranty audits or claims handling, logistics or parts pricing strategies, puts our clients` customers at the forefront. We unearth unique insights, using fresh thinking and tapping into the expertise of our over 200-strong team to deliver sustainable solutions.
Based in Warwick, the Company is private equity backed and is embarked on an ambitious growth strategy, based on maximising the value it generates from it`s loyal customer base.
Impetus is currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to become part of a well established, professional and commercially driven finance team.
This role, as a key team member, contributes to the maintenance of accounting records and day to day financial and client billing procedures.
This roles primary core area is:
- Purchase Ledger
- Input authorised purchase ledger invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to purchase ledger accounts
- Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger to Nominal Control
- Input of all employee expenses claims
This role would also be required to assist in the following areas:
- Sales Ledger
- Weekly reconciliation of Sales Ledger to Nominal Control
- Credit control of Aged Debtors
- Client billing – cost of sales accruals, journals and month end
- Cash Book
- Reconciliation of bank accounts – UK and Europe
- Monthly reconciliation of petty cash
- Nominal Ledger
- Monthly analysis of movement on Nominal Accounts
- Reconcile Intercompany accounts
- Monthly calculation of Depn, prepayments & accruals
- General Nominal upkeep journal
This role requires an individual who has a proven track record of being effective and accurate within an Accounts environment, particularly within the purchase and sales ledger remit. Key strengths should be in their process orientated approach and various abilities of accounts software, i.e. Excel and Sage. Due to the fast paced environment and variety of this role you will need to be adaptable and able to take the initiative. They will need to able to challenge internal stakeholders effectively, influencing and achieving a positive outcome for both.
- Evidenced planning and organizing skills
- An ability to cope well under pressure and within a fast paced environment
- Previous, relevant financial assistant/accounting experience with a good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Previous experience of Access Dimensions (NL) and Focal Point (reporting) is highly desirable
- Strong Excel skills, particularly in the presentation of data
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of a process orientated approach
- Highly effective communicator (written and verbal)
- Highly self motivated
- Customer focused
- Enthusiastic team player
A finance qualification may support this but is not considered to be essential.