Salary: Up to £20,000 + Bonus
Are you a successful Accounts Assistant looking for a new challenge?
Established in 1991, Corkills is an independent Volkswagen retailer. Customer Satisfaction is paramount to Corkills and is underpinned by the numerous awards and accolades we have received in recent years. We were awarded the ‘Retailer of Excellence’ award by the Volkswagen brand for 2012, alongside this, we are proud winners of the Motor Trader awards in both 2012 and 2013.
Due to continuing business growth and success we now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Wigan.
Accounts Assistant key responsibilities:
• Supporting the Dealership Accountant on financial matters relating to the business
• Supporting the Accountant with producing a trial balance
• Management of accounts and reconciliation’s
• Purchase ledger
• Collation and allocation of daily banking
• Bank Reconciliation
• Issuing relevant document to ensure payments to customers and suppliers
• Dealing with queries from both external and internal customers, and taking ownership of resolution / escalation where necessary
• Checking of daily reports and reconcile any discrepancies
The Ideal Candidate will have previous accounting experience in medium or large size organisation. You must have a flexible approach to work and good attention to detail including administration and organisational skills, team player and IT literate.
The role is varied and needs someone who is very organised and able to prioritise there workload and fit in well with the current team
• Excellent communication skills
• AAT qualified or studying for the final level
• The ability to build rapport
• To work to tight deadlines, acting on own initiative is also very important
If this sounds like the ideal role for you please click APPLY!