Our client is a unique leasing business with a specialist customer base. It is seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual to maintain and develop effective relationships between the company and manufacturers and installers of converted and/or adapted vehicles. Leading a team of five, the individual will be responsible for managing relationships with suppliers, negotiating pricing and ensuring a consistent service level is delivered.
This role would suit someone currently working for a vehicle manufacturer, contract hire, or dealer in a fleet relationship management role. Experience in Commercial Vehicles would be advantageous but is not essential. The individual will probably be in a first line management role and seeking a move to senior management. He or she will need to have an excellent knowledge of the motor industry and experience of leading a team of field and office based employees to achieve objectives. The person will probably be educated to degree level and will need to demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and present data effectively using MS Office. The role is based in Central London but will involve regular travel within the UK.
• To maintain and develop effective relationships between the company and specialist automotive manufacturers and installers.
• To ensure that convertors and adaptation partners understand and engage positively with the business.
• To consistently deliver sustainable pricing that delivers customer choice and value for all stakeholders.
• To ensure robust and consistent service levels from all partners as measured by the company’s Customer Satisfaction Index
• To ensure that different departments within the business understand the convertor and adaptation markets and their dynamics
• To develop an insight into the conversion and adaptation industry and use that knowledge to develop a long-term, sustainable and robust strategy for supporting customers.
• To lead a team of three Account Managers and two office co-ordinators and ensure they are motivated to successfully deliver clearly defined objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent knowledge of the motor industry – particularly fleet relationship management in a vehicle manufacturer, contract hire, or dealer environment.
• Experience working in Commercial Vehicles (advantageous but not essential).
• Experience of leading a team of field and/or office based employees to achieve objectives.
• The ability to build effective business relationships.
• The ability to offer both impact and influence in all communication media.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate and present data effectively using MS Office.
• A degree level qualification or equivalent.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.