After Sales/Service Manager
After Sales Manager - Automotive
Salary £38,000 Plus Departmental Bonus Scheme & Company Car
Due to forthcoming retirement an outstanding opportunity has emerged for the right candidate. Our client is now seeking an experienced and highly motivated After Sales Manager to join their very successful and expanding Ford Franchise Dealership in Oxford.
- Are you an outstanding Automotive After Sales Manager with a proven track record?
- Can demonstrate high levels of employee & customer engagement?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
Our client is a leading multi-franchise retail motor group in the UK and has been trading successfully for nearly 100 years. Operating 29 franchised dealerships across 12 locations, they currently represent brands including Citroen, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar, MG, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault and SEAT.
Overview – Role Aim
1. Lead our customer service team to deliver best in class customer experience, loyalty,
retention & advocacy.
2. Deliver continuous improvement in Aftersales revenues & cost efficiencies.
• To control stocks and assets at a level commensurate with profit requirements and enhanced customer relations
• To maximise departmental profitability through the sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants & other products.
Create & manage rolling customer experience improvement plans
- Ensure after sales achieves budget objectives by continual (weekly/ monthly examination of daily operating controls and accounts P&L.
- Ensure the necessary improvements and corrective actions are taken where variations of target achievement occur
- Improve the quality of customer service and retention by enhanced facilities improved technical skills and high standards of quality workmanship
- To maintain effective control of expenses in line with the budget objectives by monthly examination of management accounts
- To examine (weekly/monthly) sales information to make sure outstanding debts have been collected.
- Establish and monitor all training requirements and costs to provide satisfactory levels of skill , job satisfaction and cost effective development of key after sales personnel
- Carry out structured monthly team 1 to 1 performance reviews.
- Ensure all clerical functions within the department are carried out in accordance with stated policies, e.g. Warranty claims, customer follow ups, workshop loading, estimating, invoicing ,daily operating controls ,stock ordering, parts returns surcharges.
- Review with General Manager & Group Aftersales Managers all departmental activities and reporting systems
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools ,equipment any other materials in the parts service and body shop departments
- Establish & maintain good relationships with all other departmental colleagues.
- Maintain & build relationships with manufacturers, suppliers, statutory representatives and all other contacts
- Advise as required on mechanical and diagnostic problems
- Monitor all outstanding debtors and take requisite action
- Monitor warranty claim submissions and requisite credits and take action as required.
- Knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry essential.
- Leadership attributes – Personality , Character , Drive , Enthusiasm , Interpersonal
- Forward thinking, innovative, positive motivator.
- Knowledge of modern business methods and financial controls