Apprentice Service Technician
Salary £ Competitive + Benefits
Are you looking for an Apprenticeship within the automotive industry?
As the number one choice for automotive retailing across the UK, Perrys have successfully sold a wide range of new and used Vehicles for over 100 years. Perrys has coverage of over 40 locations spread across England and currently represent 15 brands including Citroen, Fiat, Vauxhall, and Jaguar. It is also part of the AM top 100.
Due to continuing business requirements we now have a vacancy for an Apprentice Technician to join our Land Rover dealership in Huddersfield.
The main purpose of the role is to service and repair all vehicles either belonging to the Company or in the care of the Company to the required standard, ensuring a consistently high level of workmanship. This will be over the course of a 3-year apprenticeship.
Apprentice Technician key responsibilities:
· Understand the business
· Familiarisation with tools and service equipment
· Basic insight into vehicles
· Assist Technicians where possible
· Introduced to greater level of repairs and service
· Complete minor tasks on own
· To service and repair vehicles in accordance with manufacturers specification and to ensure customer satisfaction, maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of customers vehicles and undertaking to rectify any work that comes back as a result of poor workmanship
· To write up job cards of work completed and to ensure times are completed, reporting on work found needing to be done for which no authorisation is received.
· Handle all vehicles, tools and equipment with proper care and attention and carryout workshop housekeeping as required.
· Attend necessary in house and manufacturers training courses along with completing appropriate open learning packages and ensure that skills and knowledge are updated to compliment the product developments and improvements taking place.
· To be aware of and adhere to all health and safety regulations and policies applicable to your position or environment
If you are looking for an apprenticeship with a successful company please click APPLY