Our client is a leading specialist asset rental business operating within the European logistics sector with a consistent track record spanning more than 35 years. Focusing on high quality premium products, typically with high unit values, including commercial vehicles, trailers, buses, coaches, sweepers, materials handling equipment, temperature-controlled products and kitchen units.
Area Sales Manager
North London & Essex
£-Negotiable DOE + uncapped Commission + Car + Fuel + Package
As Area Sales Manager you will report directly to the Sales Director and work in combination with branch BSMs’ in identifying and securing both long and short term rental of the Company's truck and trailer fleet. You will be responsible for the sales results of branches within the North London and Essex areas. As Area Sales Manager you will make decisions on rental rates for both long and short-term hires within boundaries set by the Sales Director and/or the MD. Decisions are based on length of hire, volume of business and equipment availability. Key responsibilities and activities will include:
· Agree and support the achievement of individual branch sales targets
· Review branch sales performance and recommend resolutions in areas of target shortfall
· Ensure customer base for each branch is being expanded and report on progress
· KPI Management
· Market intelligence on the activities and rates being quoted of competitors
· Ownership of operational issues
· Liase with RGM regarding branch operational issues affecting performance
· Maintain regular contact with National Accounts and ensure complete transparency
· Establish and monitor BSM sales performance against target
· Monitor BSM activity including telephone canvassing and accompany them on key visits
· Make appointments to visit key/potential customers
· Credit check companies that operate their own vehicles and investigate a rental option
· Pass sales leads quickly to relevant BSM/National Accounts
· Be aware of opportunities to sell/Rent2Buy used assets and negotiate prices
· Monitor customer spend year by year and report on changes
· Seek long term orders
· Monthly reporting of sales performances against target with recommendations on actions
Demonstrating an understanding of customer requirements/specifications and the ability to effectively liase with internal departments you will be a competent self-starting relationship builder both internally and externally. As an experienced negotiator in face to face selling and closing with high standards in personal presentation you will be organised and computer literate with the ability to work under pressure and meet sales targets and reporting deadlines. A valid UK driving licence is required to conduct this role.
In return for your dedication, hard work and achievement you can expect to be rewarded with an exceptional negotiable basic salary, Uncapped bonus structure which will realise a “significant” rise in remuneration, 24 days holiday + bank holidays, car, fuel card, laptop and phone. Interested? Have the attributes required to fulfill the role? APPLY TODAY!