We are looking to recruit an ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to support the Group FD of this award winning Motor Group. With 10 dealerships over Kent, Sussex and Surrey and 17 showrooms with full aftersales, experience of the motor trade is essential. You will ideally be part qualified accountant with a clear ambition for the top job (but not yet!), probably an Assistant Accountant or Assistant Management Accountant right now.
More importantly you will have:
• an eye for detail
• Motor trade experience
• Kerridge / DRIVE experience
• excellent IT skills
• problem solving skills
• the ability to work to tight deadlines
• payroll experience
• the ability to influence and the tenacity to win
• and excellent team management skills.
The main duties will include but not be limited to:
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly management account
• Preparing regular and timely reports for Managers and Directors on stocks, assessors and debtors
• Keeping safe the assets and resources of the Group, ensuring the security confidentiality of records and information
• Assisting with the Group cashflow situation, credit control, debt collection warranty claims, etc.
• Preparing regular bank reports and forecasts
• The reconciliation, control and correction of key balance sheet accounts
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly and year end accounts to a satisfactory level and in accordance with statutory and Company requirements.
• Monitoring of budgets and advise to Directors and Managers
• Monitoring and as required correcting vehicle sales P&I accounts
• The monitor and control Kerridge Autoline / DRIVE error reports
• Ensuring high standards of administration and record keeping in compliance with Accounting practice and Company procedures. Ensure the prompt, smooth and methodical flow of work.
• Assisting with the organisation of duties and responsibilities within the department for the efficient achievement of objectives.
• Regularly communicating with the Administration team on departmental issues, business and accounting developments, etc.
• Assisting in the preparation of management reports for Dealership meetings and keep abreast of developments in the motor trade, customer satisfaction, management accounting and government legislation.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.