Job Title: Assistant Service Manager/ Workshop Controller - Location Wolverhampton - Salary Competitive + Benefits
Our client is one of the largest independent operator of franchised motorcar dealerships in the UK.
Support the Service Manager in the day-to-day running of the department in order to effectively manage the Service Department to provide a “right first time” repair service and achieve business plan targets, through the delivery of a high level of customer and team member satisfaction.
· Assist the Service Manager in monitoring workshop productive performance daily by total and individual Technician.
· Assist the Service Manager in ensuring safe working practices are employed and that department facilities are maintained in line with Health & Safety and COSHH legislation
· Be involved directly with external customers on a daily basis
· Support the Service Manager in ensuring all staff are trained and motivated to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction
· Support the Service Manager in ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to resolve all complaints to the complete satisfaction of the customer
· Assist the Service Manager in overseeing and maintaining an effective and rapid response to the telephone
· Ensure customer satisfaction and service are fully understood and communicated to all other team members, and that customers are shown the utmost courtesy and consideration.
· Assist in any marketing activity as required
· Assist the Service Manager in coaching and appraising the team, developing team potential and departmental effectiveness
· Promote and implement quality standards of dress, attitude, customer care, honesty and health and safety in order to portray a professional image of the department at all times
· Assist the Service Manager in ensuring the highest levels of employee satisfaction are achieved and maintained
· Carry out ‘on the job’ training with Service team as appropriate
· Assist the Service Manager in updating staff with information relating to the day-to-day running of the department, ensuring they are aware of departmental plans, processes, systems and policy, developing a customer focused environment
· Assist the Service Manager in providing regular information to senior management regarding the status of the department, targets achieved and future plans
· Carry out other duties as required from time to time
· You should also observe the company’s behaviours and values expected for this role
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role please click on Apply
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.