Job Title: Assistant Service Manager/ Workshop Controller - Location Wolverhampton - Salary Competitive + Benefits
Our client is one of the largest independent operator of franchised motorcar dealerships in the UK.
Support the Service Manager in the day-to-day running of the department in order to effectively manage the Service Department to provide a “right first time” repair service and achieve business plan targets, through the delivery of a high level of customer and team member satisfaction.
· Assist the Service Manager in monitoring workshop productive performance daily by total and individual Technician.
· Assist the Service Manager in ensuring safe working practices are employed and that department facilities are maintained in line with Health & Safety and COSHH legislation
· Be involved directly with external customers on a daily basis
· Support the Service Manager in ensuring all staff are trained and motivated to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction
· Support the Service Manager in ensuring that appropriate systems are in place to resolve all complaints to the complete satisfaction of the customer
· Assist the Service Manager in overseeing and maintaining an effective and rapid response to the telephone
· Ensure customer satisfaction and service are fully understood and communicated to all other team members, and that customers are shown the utmost courtesy and consideration.
· Assist in any marketing activity as required
· Assist the Service Manager in coaching and appraising the team, developing team potential and departmental effectiveness
· Promote and implement quality standards of dress, attitude, customer care, honesty and health and safety in order to portray a professional image of the department at all times
· Assist the Service Manager in ensuring the highest levels of employee satisfaction are achieved and maintained
· Carry out ‘on the job’ training with Service team as appropriate
· Assist the Service Manager in updating staff with information relating to the day-to-day running of the department, ensuring they are aware of departmental plans, processes, systems and policy, developing a customer focused environment
· Assist the Service Manager in providing regular information to senior management regarding the status of the department, targets achieved and future plans
· Carry out other duties as required from time to time
· You should also observe the company’s behaviours and values expected for this role
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role please click on Apply