Renault–Nissan Consulting (RNC) is seeking an Automotive Consultant to join their team, in order to effectively deliver consulting projects, working primarily within the automotive industry. The successful candidate will be consummate and a credible professional delivering RNC’s products and services to Directors, Senior Management and their teams within major automotive groups, manufacturers, independent dealerships and other organisations in the automotive supply chain.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the automotive industry in a manufacturer, dealership or area management role.
You should be enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal, presentation and administrative skills and be PC literate (i.e. Microsoft Software). The candidate must have the ability to understand client needs, to carry out business process analysis and then deploy recommended improvement projects. Travel is a major factor and is predicted to be predominantly UK with some overnight stops. European travel can be expected occasionally.
Responsible to: Alliance Director/Managing Consultants
External relationships: Vehicle manufacturers, suppliers and retail automotive clients from Line Manager to Director Level
Internal relationships: Directors, Senior Management, Business Development Team, Consultants and Administration Team
Location: Home Office, in the field and RNC Head Office in Maple Cross
- Plan and carry out agreed deployment effectively
- Achieve quality objectives and client satisfaction to set criteria
- Represent RNC to potential clients through direct communication via meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Be responsible for your own appointment setting; you will spend your time out of the office delivering consultancy days
- Be accountable for all project reporting documentation and administration, following RNC procedure
- Possess drive, motivation and attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are maximised
- Proven success in your ability and demonstrable knowledge to facilitate change
- Strong client skills and confidence in presenting to clients and colleagues through a variety of mediums
- Capable of a hands on approach, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach towards researching and analysing new business improvement opportunities
- Ability to use own initiative, pay close attention to detail, to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms i.e. written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of working independently and having responsibility as an individual