Our client is the largest commercial vehicle dealer group in the UK, with 28 locations nationwide. They sell new vans and used vans, new and used trucks, all makes parts for trucks and vans including truck accessories and they offer all makes truck and vans servicing. They are committed to supporting truck and van operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle availability or uptime. They offer a wide range of product and service solutions to meet the varying needs of individual vehicle users. Many of our clients’ 28 locations are open for service for 24/7, others for extended hours, giving flexibility and optimising vehicle availability.
Service Controller (Commercial Vehicle)
Circa £25k + Benefits
Our client requires a Service Controller at their VW Van Centre in Stoke-on-Trent. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the VW Service Department. A proven track history in a similar role would be advantageous, this is showroom based, customer faced role with an emphasis on warranty application and management. The main accountabilities of this position are:
· Motivate, lead & supervise the Van Centre Service Team
· Maximising service hours sold and controlling labour costs
· Processing invoices
· Maximising profit opportunities
· Applying warranty and goodwill policies and procedures
· Achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
· Maintain health & safety and environmental standards
· Ensure the provision of a quality service to customer
· Monitor progress of jobs in the workshop and advise of any delays or issues
· Control wastage, particularly of consumable materials
· Ensure jobs are fairly allocated to technicians and mechanics
· Ensure that there are adequate staffing levels to achieve workshop objectives
· Ensure maximum use of equipment and labour to achieve high productivity output.
· Assist the Service Manager to ensure optimum staff performance and efficiency
· Establish the training and development needs of your role and workshop personnel
· Deal with customer enquiries and complaints effectively
· Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested
As an integral part of the business the successful candidate will be an effective communicator at all levels with excellent focus on organisation, process and customer satisfaction. With a methodical approach you will assist the Van Centre achieve industry leading efficiency and profitability whilst utilising exceptional technical knowledge and understanding of warranty procedures to ensure that manufacturer warranty and good will systems are applied correctly and economically.
In return you will receive a competitive remuneration package circa £25k and benefits. If you are looking for a career with prospects, want to work with a reputable company and have the desired skills outlined, do not miss this opportunity APPLY TODAY!
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.