Our client is the largest commercial vehicle dealer group in the UK, with 28 locations nationwide. They sell new vans and used vans, new and used trucks, all makes parts for trucks and vans including truck accessories and they offer all makes truck and vans servicing. They are committed to supporting truck and van operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle availability or uptime. They offer a wide range of product and service solutions to meet the varying needs of individual vehicle users. Many of our clients’ 28 locations are open for service for 24/7, others for extended hours, giving flexibility and optimising vehicle availability.
Due to an increasing customer base our client requires a qualified Automotive Technician to join their established night shift in Stoke-on-Trent, servicing and repairing vehicles in a safe and economical manner to MOT standard. Ideally you will be operating in a similar environment with main dealer experience, you must be able to demonstrate technical ability to diagnose, service and repair vehicles with minimum supervision. The main accountabilities of out clients Technicians are:
- Report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Examine vehicles completely, providing written and oral reports
- Interpret and implement technical service instructions data
- Roadside repairs and recovery of defective or damaged vehicles
- Report any faults that render a vehicle unsafe or unlawful
· Protect all vehicles under repair against damage
· Inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair
- Attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required
- Assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area
- Maintain a presentable personal appearance
- Observe the Company’s health and safety policy and ISO quality procedures
As the latest addition to our clients experienced night shift of Commercial Vehicle Technicians, you will have served a recognised apprenticeship or training scheme. You will be able to demonstrate excellent technical ability and work ethic with a minimum requirement for supervision. A class C+E licence would be an advantage.
In return you will receive a competitive remuneration package consisting of a basic salary with an expected OTE of circa £26 Depending on experience, manufacturer training, a contributory pension scheme and other benefits. If you are looking for a career with prospects, want to work with a reputable company and have the desired skills outlined, do not miss this opportunity APPLY TODAY!
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.