Background: Hyundai Capital UK Ltd (HCUK) is a joint venture company established by Santander Consumer UK and Hyundai Capital Services Korea in 2012. It operates under the Hyundai Finance and Kia Motors Finance brands, providing funding solutions for both Retailers and Consumers.
Due to expansion we have 3 vacancies for Business Development Managers, 2 of the roles working for Kia covering South, SW, West Sussex territory and Nottingham and West Midlands territory and 1 for Hyundai covering Midlands, Oxford and West of M1 corridor.
Job Purpose: Reporting into the Sales Director for the specific brand and working with approx. 20-25 dealers (Hyundai or Kia) within an appointed region, the key purpose of this role is to develop the sales of our Finance and Insurance products through the dealer channel and help maximise the sales of new and used vehicles, whilst ensuring our wholesale revenues are both maximised and protected.
1. General strategic: Under the guidance of line management, develop a sustainable and profitable business relationship with all allocated dealers, with specific focus on:
Maximising dealer sales by promoting our range of finance products.
The use of TCM products to shorten the change cycle.
Integration into OEM and Dealer activity.
The use of our insurance and add on products to maximise profit.
Conducting regular Finance and Insurance Review with dealers to highlight performance and look for opportunities to grow.
Manage the company’s wholesale exposure via close monitoring of the dealer performance.
2. Planning: Develop a quarterly activity plan detailing call visit schedule and key focuses during these visits based upon the strategic goals established for the role with line management and actions highlighted during Finance and Insurance Reviews.
These actions should be recorded using the agreed activity management system.
3. Budgetary control: Deliver the annual Sales Plan in line with the prescribed volume and profit requirements through on-going review, development and monitoring of opportunity within your region and costs with your line manager.
4. Stakeholder engagement: Establish a sound working relationship with all dealers within your region at the appropriate level, as well as OEM counterparts as appropriate.
5. People development: Working in conjunction with the Sales Directors and Network Development Manager , identify, develop, plan, deliver and review coaching and training sessions within your region to maximise dealer performance for both conquest and renewals opportunities.
6. Business development: Working in conjunction line management, develop a clear understanding of support levels (dealer Support Summary) and using this information develop a strategy to maximise support to Hyundai Capital by growing loyalty, increasing volume and reducing the Trade Cycle.
7. Competitor Activity: Provide regular feedback on competitor activity within both your region and nationally to assist in the development of new campaigns and strategies.
8. Customer retention program: Maximise customer renewal programs (Kia LINK and Hyundai GATEWAY) by ensuring timely and comprehensive dealer activity and accurate feedback within your region.
Assist in shaping the customer renewal programs through providing regular feedback to the Marketing Communications Manager and Line management.
9. Compliance: Ensure all activity, including personal data usage, advertising and communication content, are compliant from a legal, regulatory and business perspective.
10. Other: Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Planning: Must be capable of developing coherent high-level (strategic) plans as well as detailed project/programme level plans.
Communication: Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all business levels.
Teamwork: Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
Time Management: Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions across multiple projects and on-going programmes within their appointed region, factoring in travel time and the required logistics.
Influencing and negotiating skills: Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
- Has worked within the ‘captive’ motor related financial services industry or has worked in a motor manufacturer sales and marketing environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Excellent and proven track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- Proven track record of account management.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence both internally and externally at all levels.
- Has an appreciation of legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the use of customer data and is familiar with the principles encapsulated within ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct.
- Excellent Time Management and problem solving skills.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, have excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with Board-level management.
Has the appropriate level of tertiary education or professional marketing related qualifications.
The jobholder must possess a full driving licence.
Salary to £40,000-£50,000 per annum. (Basic salary £32,000-£38,000 plus bonus).
Fully expensed company car.
Company pension scheme.