QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers, headquartered in Sydney, Australia. We operate out of 47 countries across the globe, with a presence in all key insurance markets.
Due to continued success we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Claims Manager to work within the Product protection team, based in our London Office
Role Purpose (Summary)
Lead claims teams and work with Portfolio Manager and key stakeholders on the Product Protection (PP) team to maximize performance and provide excellent claims service over multiple global locations.
· Strategic leadership and development of the Product Protection claims function to deliver to the overall business targets
· Operational management of Claims Controllers and Hub Claims Managers through a combination of direct and matrix management reporting. Overseeing the handling of circa 52,000 claims with a spend of £15.6million per annum across Europe, USA, Canada, Middle East and Asia
· Provide technical claims and analytical leadership across the range of PP products and territories, to identify and report on emerging trends and issues impacting the claims costs.
· Containment of claims cost through the development of cost management strategies, supported by the continuous improvement of the best practice handling guide and the implementation of a robust global claims audit programme
· Optimisation of claims cost processes and the operating system to drive through improved efficiencies.
· High quality service delivery to both internal and external customers and ensuring compliance with FSA Treating Customer Fairly objectives.
· Project leadership – sponsoring, owning and implementing key projects across the Product Protection claims department
· Support the Portfolio Manager in assessing new opportunities and ensure the claims function is capable of delivering to new business demands
· Link with the wider claims management teams to ensure sharing of knowledge, technical expertise and operational excellence
· Broad experience of working in retail insurance claims
· Experience of working as part of a senior team within a multi-national insurance environment
· Experience of managing claims teams across multiple geographical locations
· Experience of successfully supporting technical and operational strategy
· Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute
· Understanding of class specific claims knowledge, including Warranty,
GAP, IUI and affinity claims
· Knowledge of MI creation techniques and software; creation of reports
· Claims compliance issues including data protection and Treating Customers Fairly.
Skills and experience:
· Strong leadership ability
· Communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
· Cultural sensitivity with the ability to adapt to totally different environments
· Proven track record of delivering audit assignments that contribute to the success
· Relationship management
· Operational management
· Able to work as part of a team and independently
In return QBE offers a competitive salary and bonus scheme and a range of other benefits, including; non-contributory pension, private health care, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, complete employee assistance programme, professional subscriptions and corporate discounted rates at gyms and local businesses.