Commercial Accountant – Honda UK Ltd
Attractive Salary plus excellent benefits package including pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday, flexi-time, staff restaurant, on site parking and discounted car/motorcycle loan schemes.
Honda UK Ltd is looking for a Commercial Accountant to join their Company Vehicle Operations Division at their corporate head office based in Langley. They are looking for a professional accountant with at least four years commercial experience. This role will actively support development and encourage progress within the company. Within this position you will be expected to work autonomously and take full responsibility for your work load, however as a business critical position there is also contact with numerous divisions so the successful applicant will also require exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Prepare the Business monthly management accounts including P&L; balance sheet reconciliations and asset utilisation reports.
• Provide analytical review & explanation of monthly financial performance against budget.
• Prepare, co-ordinate & review the preparation of quarterly budgets, forecasts and mid term plans; providing explanations of variance to previous submissions.
• Partner with the company vehicle operations business to provide a comprehensive and proactive service, to include being involved with day to day decision making and strategic vision.
• Ensure that financial control procedures exist and are regularly reviewed and updated in line with the changing business needs and comply with Sarbannes Oxley requirements. Advise on best financial business practice.
• Ensure that all systems used to prepare and forecast are robust and are updated for the changing business requirements.
• Play an active role in new systems implementation within finance.
1. Accurate & timely preparation of monthly accounts for review with the Financial Controller.
2. Management reporting to include :
• Gross margin and analysis
• Reporting schedules for internal and European consolidation
• Investigate & explain variances proposing any action required
3. Check & verify interfaces between CC3 and SAP systems of cars processed during the month. Attention to detail and an interest in systems will be essential here.
4. Coordination of twice yearly stock check, ensuring full reconciliation and correction of any reconciling items
5. Coordinate & prepare quarterly budgets & business plans
6. Provide a customer focused, comprehensive service to budget holders to review their actual monthly spend
• answering any queries regarding monthly cost centre reports
• providing information in a manner that makes it easy for the budget holders to understand
• explain any financial terminology in plain English
• train the budget holders in budget preparation
7. Develop suite of management reports for the division and the wider finance department using newly implemented FMR (Business Objects) system.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
• Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant – ACCA, CIMA
• Strong systems experience – SAP and Business Objects preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.