To source vehicles in line with GRS stock requirements by way of outright purchase and contract sale, generating new suppliers and maintaining current supplier relationships.
• Responsible for finding and nurturing new supplier relationships in order to maximise purchasing opportunities.
• To actively locate, price and purchase suitable stock through all other available mediums.
• To maintain excellent relationships around the business in order to facilitate maximum efficiencies from vehicle arrival through to sale.
• To manage stock by way of repair authorisation, pricing and accurate description.
• To maximise profitability in every aspect of purchasing, monitoring stock levels and price auditing.
• To undertake other duties in line with requirements of the Procurement Manager.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Special Requirements:
• Proven experience within the buying/disposal area of the motor trade.
• An understanding of auction house procedures, and the vehicle rental and leasing industry.
• Ability to accurately appraise vehicles .
• Superior communication skills, with ability to make accurate and perceptive judgements in negotiation.
• Excellent and proven detailed knowledge of car and commercial vehicle models and specifications.
• Ability to accurately price a wide range of vehicles up to four years old, including value forecasting on both current and new models.
• Resourceful under pressure, with a natural ability to make considered and timely decisions in all circumstances
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.