To source vehicles in line with GRS stock requirements by way of outright purchase and contract sale, generating new suppliers and maintaining current supplier relationships.
• Responsible for finding and nurturing new supplier relationships in order to maximise purchasing opportunities.
• To actively locate, price and purchase suitable stock through all other available mediums.
• To maintain excellent relationships around the business in order to facilitate maximum efficiencies from vehicle arrival through to sale.
• To manage stock by way of repair authorisation, pricing and accurate description.
• To maximise profitability in every aspect of purchasing, monitoring stock levels and price auditing.
• To undertake other duties in line with requirements of the Procurement Manager.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Special Requirements:
• Proven experience within the buying/disposal area of the motor trade.
• An understanding of auction house procedures, and the vehicle rental and leasing industry.
• Ability to accurately appraise vehicles .
• Superior communication skills, with ability to make accurate and perceptive judgements in negotiation.
• Excellent and proven detailed knowledge of car and commercial vehicle models and specifications.
• Ability to accurately price a wide range of vehicles up to four years old, including value forecasting on both current and new models.
• Resourceful under pressure, with a natural ability to make considered and timely decisions in all circumstances