We are seeking a Corporate Sales Team Manager for a volume automotive manufacturer leading the way in Electric Vehicles. You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of 4 tasked with selling Electric Vehicles into the UK Public Sector organisations.
This role would suit an ambitious automotive fleet sales professional with experience selling vehicles to public sector organisations/ local government. Any experience or knowledge in the electric or hybrid vehicle sector would be a great advantage, however if you do not have experience in the sector but can demonstrate a genuine interest in the sector we would love to hear from you. You will also need to demonstrate excellent team management skills.
The Electric Vehicle has a range of significant benefits for the Public Sector. The manufacturer needs to exploit this specific opportunity through dedicated resource, tasked with meeting key contacts and developing relationships to ultimately facilitate trial and purchase of vehicles. They see the opportunity for Electric Vehicles as significant, have ambitions in this segment and as such place a substantial emphasis on their current Electric Vehicle and successive Electric Vehicle launches.
This role will be employed via an external agency but you will be based in the Manufacturers Head office in the Home Counties for approximately 3 days per week with the remainder of the time field based across the UK; however this may vary week to week depending on requirements and office-based commitments.
- Production of standard team performance reporting and to provide updates / feedback at regular performance review meetings.
- Attendance at internal sales review meetings, including presentation to the Board. Be comfortable in operating and rationalising the teams approach within a senior environment. A confident manner in answering questions and recalling detailed information in pressured situations.
- Ensure field team are kept up-to-date on all network, product, pricing and Corporate Sales team information.
- Lead the development of bespoke prospect management programmes, tools and collateral to support the sales process.
- Help track changes in awareness, understanding and consideration of EV within Public Sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be educated to degree level
- Experience of the automotive industry with an understanding of Public Sector environment and procurement processes
- Ideally you will have had previous field-based experience, along with experience of managing a successful team.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong Analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Nicola Hedges at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.