As the number one choice for automotive retailing across the UK, they have successfully sold a broad range of new and used motorcars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles since 1989. They currently represent 20 volume brands including Citroen, Ford, Nissan, Renault, and is the largest Vauxhall retailer in the UK. Today our client represents over 180 volume dealerships with a nationwide coverage spanning all parts of the UK.
Due to retirement they now require a Credit Control/Accounts Clerk for their Ford Dealership in Burnley.
This role is primarily responsible for managing of General sales and vehicle ledgers mainly by telephone, but also making use of email and dunning letter, to ensure that customers pay to their agreed payment terms whilst maintaining a good working relationship with our Accounts Payable contact. Any negligent accounts will be placed on stop, per the dunning letter run, and more strategic customer accounts with consultation with the Accountant . Credit checks are carried out on all new customer accounts, and any adverse information fed back to Accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Implement best practices to ensure payments are made to agreed terms
· Ability to proactively provide feedback on customer issues to line managers to ensure that problems are resolved as soon as possible
· Show good team building skills, working with other members of accounts dept.
· Maintain diary for details of any calls or actions taken, and identifying invoices that have been queried by the customer, and set up prompt reviews for further calls
· Ability to work to deadlines, to achieve monthly target collections
· Ability and willingness to make effective and key decisions
· Other Accounts duties to include, Reconciliation of Bank & Vehicle deposit Accounts
· Provide holiday cover for Cashier and Purchase Ledger when required
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Minimum two years experience within the field of business to business credit control
· Good Excel Skills including VLookup (Pivot Tables would be an advantage)
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Use of a credit checking facility
Credit Controller / Accounts Clerk
Salary £ Competitive + Benefits