Our client is the UK’s leading automotive parts specialist with over 10 branches nationwide holding in excess of well over £9 million worth of stock. Delivering over 495 orders per day and currently employing 370+ team members our client is growing from strength to strength providing automotive parts to the UK’s leading dealerships and independent motor traders.
Due to this continued growth they now require a top level Credit Controller for their dealership in Manchester.
This role is responsible for managing a section of the sales ledger mainly by telephone, but also making use of email and dunning letter, to ensure that customers pay to their agreed payment terms whilst maintaining a good working relationship with our Accounts Payable contact. Any negligent accounts will be placed on stop, per the dunning letter run, and more strategic customer accounts with consultation with the Sales Manager. Credit checks are carried out on all new customer accounts, and any adverse information fed back to Sales and the Credit Manager. Any orders blocked during the working day need to be released before the end of the day, any orders not being released need to be assessed with the Credit Manager, and reasons provided to Sales and the Credit Controller responsible for the customer account.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Implement best practices to ensure payments are made to agreed terms
· Ability to proactively provide feedback on customer issues to line manager, Sales Account Manager to ensure that problems are resolved as soon as possible
· Attending customer meetings/sales team meetings as and when required (these may be off site), and also participating in customer conference calls
· Show good team building skills, working with other members of credit control
· Develop strong and positive relationships with other business areas ie; sales, customer care where applicable
· Understand and manage customers invoice requirements, and consolidated invoicing
· Maintain diary for details of any calls or actions taken, and identifying invoices that have been queried by the customer, and set up prompt reviews for further calls
· Ability to work to deadlines, to achieve monthly target collections
· Ability and willingness to make effective and key decisions
The Ideal Candidate will have:
§ Business to business credit control experience preferred but not essential.
§ Good Excel Skills ideally including VLookup (Pivot Tables would be an advantage)
§ Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Use of a credit checking facility would be an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue your career with a company that is set to grow further. Become part of that success and apply below.
Role – Credit Controller
Salary - £ Competitive
Location – Manchester
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.