Formed in 2003, our client consists of Centres based in Reading, Guildford, Hatfield, West London and Mayfair. Each one of their Centres offer the facilities and services you would only expect from a Prestige Centre, including the full range of new models, as well as Approved used cars and are staffed by experienced teams who are passionate about their brand. Their aim is to meet all your requirements and make the ownership of your car an experience that lives up to their mission statement of being 'the excitement company'.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Dealership Accountant to join their Dealership in West London.
The main duties that are included within this role are:
· To prepare the monthly management accounts for their respective Centre’s in conjunction with the assistant accountants
· Oversee preparation of Centre balance sheet reconciliations for review with Centre Principal and approval by PRG FM/FC
· Review results of vehicle and parts stock takes ensuring adjustments are made and any errors are accounted for correctly and breaches of Company policies are escalated appropriately
· Write-down Centre stock for re-sale in accordance with group policies and procedures
· Review expense analysis prepared by business accountant and analysis of costs attracting “PSA” for Head Office
· Audit monthly commission packs prepared by managers
· Prepare Centre monthly commission & bonus accrual and post journal at monthend
· Prepare and post Centre monthly payroll and reconcile to budget
· Review ASE data input by Assistant Accountant and be able to explain differences to management accounts.
· Authorise bank transfers
· Conduct monthly Centre financial performance reviews with Centre Management
· Conduct sales and aftersales debtor reviews on a weekly basis with Centre Management
· Prepare annual budget and Centre full year profit forecasts in conjunction with Business Analysts and Centre Management
· Support and work closely with Head office finance team to ensure forecasting/budget and year end reporting targets and deadlines are achieved
· Assist Head Office when required with presentations and other ad-hoc information requests
· Produce the annual financial statements, analysis and supporting documentation for year-end audit
The ideal candidate will:
· Be CIMA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience (minimum 3 years automotive experience)
· Be an experienced Accountant or Assistant Accountant keen to progress their career
· Have a proven experience of supervising and leading an Accounts Department
· Be able to demonstrate achievement of business and/ or manufacturer targets
· ADP system knowledge preferable
· Be Highly proficient in Excel
In return, they will offer an attractive salary and benefits commensurate with the role. Also, there are excellent opportunities for further career advancement and industry- led training.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and have the skills and experience we are looking for please Apply Today!
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.