Diagnostic and Repair Engineer, Dunton, Essex
“Made by Bosch” stands for outstanding quality of a global player. Profit from the multitude of career opportunities in an internationally positioned company.
The section Automotive Aftermarket is responsible for the worldwide aftermarket business and services. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information, as well as diagnostic hard and software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
For our location in Dunton, Essex we are currently looking for a Diagnostic and Repair Engineer
The main objective of this role is to create off-board diagnostic tests that will run on the diagnostic tool in the car dealerships service bay.
This particular vacancy is based in the Body Chassis and Electrical team and is currently concentrating on tests for Electrical power systems (e.g. batteries, charging). Previous knowledge of electric vehicles is highly desirable.
• Authoring and publication of Symptom Based Diagnostics (SBD) tests supporting vehicle Powertrain System testing, and fault diagnosis.
• Carry out or support validation of authored tests.
• Attend and report to meetings regarding Warranty, testing and the implementation of tests
• To provide support in investigating any field / dealer and Product Development (PD) issues
• Monitor and update tests according to their performance in the field Diagnostic Authoring General Roles and Responsibilities
• Liaises with Product Development (PD) engineering areas to capture requirements and concerns (eTrackers) for the development of Symptom Based Diagnostics (SBD) and service routines for current and new model programs.
• Utilize computer application software (e.g. Odyssey, SPA and GradeX) to design, develop and test the diagnostic routines for implementation on the Authorized Repairer (AR) diagnostic tool such as IDS / EtisIDS.
• Validates and signs-off SBD and service routines using simulation, rigs and vehicles as necessary.
• Publishes (via Odyssey) the diagnostic routines as executable software updates on IDS / EtisIDS.
• Verifies that application software has been produced in line with the design intent.
• Assists in the coordination of the diagnostic software validation appropriate validation engineer as required.
• Provides timely resolution of Product Development Issues arising during diagnostic validation or end user field use.
• Assists in diagnostic hardware validation when required.
• Education or professional degree in Electrical/electronic or computer sciences/engineering or comparable education
• PC literate (particularly in MS Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint)
• Adaptable to Software Systems
• Able to proactively scope requirements and strategize contingency plans
• Able to communicate effectively
• Demonstrate effective time management
• Knowledge of the Automotive Business desirable
• Excellent English, written and spoken
• Business- and customer oriented
• Self-driven and with the ability to co-operate
• Interpersonal and analytical skills
Make it happen. Apply now.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.