Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the Service Department. The Diagnostic Technician plays a pivotal role in ensuring a 1st time fix culture to maximise customer satisfaction and reduce operating costs for the dealership. Primarily the Diagnostic Technician's role is to interpret and diagnose faults and assist others where necessary.
The main responsibilities of the role include the following:
• Diagnose faults
• To assist with technical queries and where necessary communicate directly with the customer Advisors/customers to establish the nature of problem.
• Keep up to date with all new Peugeot technical bulletins and training courses and disseminate information to other technicians.
• To ensure that all work is carried out to the highest possible standard and delivers complete customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that all work complies with MOT and Peugeot safety standards.
• To achieve all deadlines set by the Workshop Controller/Service Manager.
With a positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach, you will be educated to a minimum of GCSE level or equivalent, and will hold at least an NVQ level 3 in Motor Vehicle Technology and a City & Guilds part 3.
Ideally the candidate should be a fully qualified Technician, preferably Peugeot trained. With the ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships with work colleagues and customers, you will have excellent attention to detail and good analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key, and you will have the ability to influence others and be committed to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
All applicants should hold a full UK Driving Licence.
If you're ready to drive your way to success and deliver a star performance, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which site you are applying to in the subject box of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!