Electrical Engineer - Automotive
SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer Automotive for our location in Whitley Coventry (Midlands). The main objective is to plan & implement all aspects of the MCP (module configuration programming) functionality across all vehicle programs for the DMS. The role requires the review of specifications, writing of requirements documents, planning and basic code writing.
Primary Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Helping with the MCP support to all new vehicle programs
· Supporting investigations on field / dealer issues
· Supporting in the creation of special applications / point of entry rework activities
· Attending / reporting into any OEM´s feedback / KPI meetings
· Creating validation requirements & supporting the workshop
To be successful in this role, you should be degree educated or equivalent in Electrical/ Electronic or Computer Sciences/ Engineering. You should have effective time management skills, be business minded and self-driven. Knowledge of the Automotive Business is desirable.
Successful candidates should:
· Be PC Literate (particularly in MS Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint)
· Be able to proactively scope requirements and strategise contingency plans
· Have ability to plan your own workload