Field Issue Investigator - Automotive
SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
With exciting new projects working with some of the UK’s leading OEM’s now underway, we are currently looking for an Automotive Field Issue Investigator to work at our Whitley site in Coventry. The role is an inter-team facing position where you will be required to interface between the Service team and fellow Diagnostic Managed Service colleagues, this will be in relation to issues raised by Car Manufacturer’s dealerships and/or OEM customers. Once suitably investigated and understood, appropriate actions are then to be performed to ensure that the matter is dealt with in the appropriate fashion and within a given timeline. Regular meetings with colleagues from Service, Car Manufacturer and internal SPX teams are also to be supported as part of the role.
Primary Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Monitoring and managing the Field Issues list
· Investigating issues in a logical and thorough fashion
· Escalating items of high importance to the Engineering Team Leader
· Hosting meetings with Service, OEM customer staff and fellow DMS colleagues as and where required
Ideally, you will have several years of experience as a dealership technician. To be successful in this role, you should have Electrical and diagnostic engineering experience and be a born investigator. Exposure to module interfacing / programming tools is also required, as is a Degree in Electrical/ Electronic or Computer Sciences/ Engineering or equivalent. You should be self-driven and be business / customer oriented.
Successful candidates should have:
· Ability to accurately articulate findings and communicate effectively
· Ability to operate un-aided and plan your own workload
· A good level of PC Literacy
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Interpersonal and Analytical skills