Field Marketing Consultant
IHS is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today’s business landscape: energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS employs more than 8000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
IHS Automotive Industry Solutions - Delivering accurate forecasts, market information, competitive analysis and strategic tools for automotive OEMs, their suppliers and financial stakeholders.
The purpose of this role is to support the successful launch, implementation and on-going utilisation of an After-sales marketing programme (PolkConnect) within an OEM dealer network. This is a field-based role, covering Scotland and potentially Northern Ireland.
PolkConnect employs dealer transactional data to provide users with a comprehensive analysis of workshop and parts department sales performance and customer marketing tools. Its predictive marketing component identifies future after sales events (Service reminders, MOT reminders, lapsed customers, etc.) and provides the facility to communicate these events to customers in a professional timely and effective manner and produces retention metrics. Transactional data capture, event generation and customer communication are fully automated. The programme is designed to increase customer retention and generate incremental parts and labour sales.
The Field Product Support Consultant is a field based role providing national coverage to enrol and support dealers. The initial requirement is to support the OEM Field Team to enrol dealers on the system which will require a substantial number of dealer meetings. The requirement is then to provide direct support to the OEM’s field team to assist participating dealers to apply the programme for optimum business benefit – increasing customer retention and generating incremental parts and labour sales. The field support process will involve area/region and one to one dealer meetings and presentations, embracing programme Administrators, Aftersales Managers, Dealer Principals and Brand Directors. Presentations to senior central management within the OEM’s will also be required.
Sales – Support the launch of the system by working with OEM Field, learn and presenting the system to senior dealership personnel to gain orders for the system
Training – Train key personnel at participating dealers to operate the system in a successful and effective manner
Support – Monitor and analyst dealers performance to identify trends and communicate them to deals and the OEM Field Team, offering corrective advice where required.
• Assess dealers readiness to have access to the system in terms of their processes and personnel, producing a pre-launch assessment
• Generate contact reports that summarise the outcome of sales meetings, training sessions and support activities
• Record any customer requirements, product developments and detail and reported issues
• Submit any reported issues to the product support team, monitor items through resolution and communicate the successful outcome to the originator
• Develop highly productive working relationships with the OEM Personnel, attending monthly client meetings with the Account manager to review sales, training & support
• Develop highly productive working relationships with participating dealership personnel, nurturing them to become advocates of the system
• Understand the scope and financial profile of the OEM contract
• Attend internal product support team meeting to review operational items
• Attend internal account management meetings
• Identify and pass on potential business development opportunities
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive industry experience
• Comprehensive understanding of the Sales structure
• Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationships
• Experience in after-sales marketing
• Knowledge of dealer management systems
• Strong Sales/Training delivery skills
• Quality focus and attention to detail
• Clean driving license
• Marketing related qualification desirable
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter, with a comprehensive understanding of the UK automotive market, gained from experience within a dealer and/or OEM environment.
Strong sales skills will be required to support the OEM Field team to enrol dealers on the system. Strong presentation skills will be required to present the system to senior dealership personnel in a confident and credible manner. Strong interpersonal skills will be required to train dealership personnel to operate the system in an effective manner. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to keep all concerned fully informed.
To apply now, please click the link below