An automotive manufacturer is seeking a field based Marketing Manager to cover the South West & Wales region. You will be the main point of contact between the retailer network and the manufacturer’s Marketing Department advising them on all aspects of their local marketing for new, used, finance, fleet and aftersales communications linked to integrated media services. You will manage and area stretching from Oxford to Devon and Cornwall and into Wales and visit each dealer in the region on a regular basis. You will be employed by the manufacturer’s marketing agency.
This role would suit someone with experience in automotive retail marketing, in either a field or dealer marketing role. Ideally you will be located centrally in this region, probably living in either: Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, South Wales or Somerset.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing and sustaining marketing plans for each dealer across a range of media
• Managing the implementation of the agreed annual plan
• Continually challenging and introducing new ideas within the retailer plans
• Managing the relationship with a group of retailers and regional managers
• Communicating all the manufacturer initiatives to the retail network
The successful candidate will have:
• Have a strong background in marketing and display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
• Be educated to A level or degree level – preferably with a marketing qualification
• Have a good understanding of automotive retail marketing functions – across the marketing mix including press, radio, digital & outdoor.
• Have energy and drive and show a track record of success in your current role.
• Experience of working in an automotive retail marketing environment, either with a manufacturer, retailer or agency
• Excellent administration and IT skills (word, excel etc) and you will need to be highly organised
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Happy to take on a field-based role involving considerable travel and working alone whilst living within the region you will be covering.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.