Our Client owns a well established multi-site retail business, with outlets in the South of England. It is a very well established business with a focus on delivering great customer service and attention to detail. Retailing volume brands, the business has grown to a size where a Financial Controller now needs to be joining the Senior Management team.
The new position will appeal to those seeking a career move which in the fullness of time would lead to a Director level position. The business operates with c300 staff, turning over in excess of £55 million per annum. Full responsibility for all financial matters and controlling a team of six staff covering accounts and sales/purchase ledger. Responsibilities will include;
• Senior level negotiations with Banks, Financial institutions and Manufacturer/Importer head offices
• Managing the day to day accounting functions in a multi-site motor retail organization
• Advising the Board with regard to investments and high level cost control issues
• Integrating with the senior management team, supporting theme with relevant financial imformation
• Leading and managing the accounts team/department
• Overseeing Kerridge 8.35 DMS system and reports
• Fulfilling all Inland Revenue, Tax, VAT, month end, quarterly and year end requirements
Culturally, we would expect the selected individual to be a commercial expert and figure head in the business, capable of taking leadership and decision making with the Board.
This is a great new opportunity to shine in a successful privately owned business, positioned in an attractive location in Southern England.
Pre-selection questions (YES answers required)
Are you a Financial Controller working in a structured Group or PLC, looking for more responsibility in a well run privately owned business?
Can you demonstrate outstanding leadership, motivational and organizational ability to support your financial skills?
Are you fully qualified in Accounting, ideally with supporting degree level qualifications?
Can you demonstrate a commercial awareness that would allow you to influence both internally and externally?
Do you have the potential to become a Director in a successful small business in the future?