Intercounty Truck & Van Limited, a Mercedes Benz Commercial
Vehicle Dealer operating predominantly in the home counties
of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Buckinghamshire is seeking a Financial Controller. With a turnover of £45 – £50
million per annum the Company operates in Sales and Aftersales of both Trucks & Vans. With our head office in Wellingborough and with an employee base of 175 employee’s business growth coupled with expansion is an important element of the business plan.
This is a key and senior management position within the business, reporting directly to the Managing Director the key responsibilities encompassing this position include the following:
Applying for the Position
- Maintaining and improving business and financial systems to ensure that adequate controls are in place.
- Providing accurate and timely business and financial information.
- Management and development of a Finance department.
- Management of cash, working capital and stock.
- Responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts, budgets, three year plans and statutory accounts.
- Monitoring and interaction of the business systems and internalcontrols.
- Liaison with internal and external bodies; to include statutory reporting such as VAT and PAYE returns
- Management of the annual external audit process, accounting supportstaff; including daily supervision of working practices.
- Previous experience within the automotive industry is paramount as is the ability to produce accurate accounting information in adherence to agreed deadlines in formats that can be fully utilized in the development of the business.
- Computer literate and must have experience of ADP Kerridge version 7.3 or above.
- Confident to use initiative, solve problems and report accordingly to the Management team
- A minimum of five years experience within this or a similar role.
- Is able to demonstrate strong commitment to the role and theorganisation.
- Can demonstrate a strong sense of leadership within the Finance department.
- Flexible in regard to the needs of the business as the business grows throughout the designated region.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fully expensed Company car.
- Contributory pension scheme and death in service cover.
Applying for the Position
The closing date for applications is 8th November 2009.
Applications should include a valid and current Curriculum Vitae and be submitted to:-
Human Resources Department
Intercounty Truck & Van Limited
Finedon Road Industrial Estate
Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 4TR