Peter Vardy is the fastest growing company in its sector and has ambitious plans for the future. Our vision is to create the best place for our colleagues to work, and the best place for our customers to buy. We have been voted in the Sunday Times Award for the Best 100 Companies four times and have an outstanding track record in creating exciting careers with limitless opportunities for progression, and we are now currently recruiting for Financial Controller in Aberdeen where we have prestige brands including Land Rover & Jaguar, along with our volume dealership Vauxhall.
To maintain accurate records of the dealership’s accounts, ensuring that financial controls are maintained in line with Group policy and that dealership management can be advised of the financial information they require.
- To assist in the development of sales plans and budgets with the Managing Partner
- To assist the dealership management team with the assessment of trends in all key financial indicators and likely financial consequences
- To ensure that the payment of salary and wages to dealership personnel is carried out timely and accurately and that all records, either by law or by the Company, are maintained
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliation’s are completed in line with the Group procedure
- Control proper banking procedures following Group policy
- Prepare monthly accounts, forecasts and trends to meet Group deadlines
- Ensure Credit Control procedures are adhered to
- To support the Managing Partner and Finance Director by undertaking a range of additional duties as required
- Make effective use of time, prioritising where necessary and always seeking to provide solutions to problems and add value.
- Continually develop personal knowledge and skills through learning, development and experiences.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as an Accountant is essential
- Proven track record in accounts within the automotive is essential
- Experience of managing people
- A clean, current driving licence
- Willingness to work additional hours as require
Relocation supported or flexible working location as long as Scotland based.
Apply today for your chance to work with one of the best top 100 companies to work for as voted by Sunday Times!
If you wish to apply please send your CV together with a
covering letter to Jade Hazard, Recruitment Manager at Jade.Hazard@petervardy.com. Your
application will be treated with absolute confidentiality and for an informal
discussion please call Jade on 0141 773 6236.