Yeomans is a highly successful and well-funded company with operations along the south coast extending as far as Plymouth. The company operates 17 retail dealerships across six franchises – Citroen, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Peugeot and Toyota. The Finance Director is looking to further strengthen his team by hiring a talented chartered accountant to take on the role of Financial Controller and provide support to him and the wider business. The company has a ‘no frills’ culture and as such will appeal to someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and getting into the nitty-gritty of daily financial accounting, as well as having the ability to input to management reporting and statutory compliance.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Overseeing the small finance team and helping to motivate and manage them.
· Maintaining accounting systems and procedures and helping to develop these in the future to cope with business change and growth.
· Hands-on involvement with all accounting tasks from basic processing, if required, to monthly management accounts and year end procedures.
· Working closely with colleagues throughout the business to ensure accounting issues, budgets, costs and reporting deadlines are understood and met as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate will be:
· ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, ideally having qualified in an accountancy firm with three or more years PQE gained in the motor trade or in a similar commercial business environment.
· Of a strong intellect with a CV which shows progression and achievement.
· Down-to-earth in approach; happy to undertake routine tasks but with the ability to assume more complex and higher level duties as required.
· Able to demonstrate strong communication and supervisory skills.
· Highly computer-literate with advanced Excel skills and an interest in the application of accounting systems.
· Ambitious but realistic in terms of career progression.
Yeomans offers a positive and supportive working environment within a business which continues to grow and flourish in a competitive business market. In time, the Finance Director will be taking a step back so the successful candidate will be in an excellent position to take on more responsibility. A great opportunity for someone who is happy to earn their stripes!
This recruitment is being managed by our consultant Clair Berry at Accountancy Recruitment.