Report To: Franchise Director
Overall job purpose:
To ensure maximum efficiency and profitability of the Dealership. To ensure the highest levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all Departments achieve profit margins within their objectives.
• To ensure that Dealership achieves overall net profit as required by budget.
• To continually monitor the financial situation, examining all accounts, operating controls and composite figures. And taking corrective actions where needed.
• Take steps to increase market penetration, sales and stock turn whilst reducing stock holdings in order to achieve budget.
• To review pricing policies, discounts structures etc to maintain competitiveness.
• Regular liaison with Manufacturer to discuss franchise performance and objectives
• Take actions to sustain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction, service and retention through processes, facility enhancements and training/development of staff.
• Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution.
• Maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives.
• Carry out monthly examination of the Management Accounts.
• Ensure cost effective stock turn ratios.
• Examine monthly debt schedules and effectiveness of credit control procedures.
• Establish and agree Departmental staff requirements.
• Ensure training needs are met efficiently and in liner with operational requirements.
• Lead and motivate a management team, taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment.
• Ensure Company HR policies are following correctly
• Ensure staff have up to date information on dealership objectives, performance and processes.
• Plan and oversee the execution of sales campaigns, advertising and promotional activities.
• Initiate research into customer satisfaction and requirement for improvement.
• Ensure that dealership complies with relevant legislation on consumer law, trade descriptions, FSA Regulations for insurance etc .
• Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, remised, vehicles, and other company resources.
• Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
Identify appropriate courses to develop role in conjunction with Franchise Director
Work closely with Senior management team to aid self development
‘Key result areas’/performance expectations:
• Achieve Dealership Budget.
• Meet company and manufacturer unit targets.
• Improve rating of Dealership in CSI satisfaction ratings
Levels of authority: • Able to recommend recruitment activity in terms – required Franchise Director approval.
• Recommend salary increases and promotions for staff – approval required by Franchise Director
Key Contacts & Relationships Dealership Management Team – day to day contact
Accountant – day to day contact where appropriate
Dealership staff – day to day contact
Manufacturer – regular contact.
Customers – regular contact
Additional information Driving licence preferred
Must be able to work unsocial hours and weekends
At Ridgeway, we are able to offer a long, secure, progressive, exciting and rewarding career to the ideal candidate.
You will be a high performer who consistently exceeds targets and expectations. We can offer an excellent pay package and the pleasure of working with one of the finest automotive products in the world. If you have the drive, determination and are passionate about succeeding we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV (including current salary) clearly stating the position you are interested in to:
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.