This is a key managerial position within a well established and successful distributorship operating in automotive, construction and agricultural equipment sector and ideally requires an individual experienced in managing a parts sales team in a multi branch Aftersales environment.
Tax Free Package equivalent to £100k GBP
Benefits Include Accomodation, Schooling, Flights back to UK
The key responsibilities are to develop and support the Parts sales team to maximize sales and profitability and achieve budgeted sales targets, ensuring high levels of customer contact and service, projecting a professional image at all times.
A strategic requirement of the job is to establish a more structured approach to managing the sales team’s activity and performance, carrying out analysis of the customer base and market penetration, establishing targets and developing reports to provide market and product feedback to reinforce continued growth in parts sales.
To establish training and marketing activities to ensure new products are fully assimilated in to the parts sales operation and to provide adequate product knowledge for the Sales team to successfully promote and sell new products on an ongoing basis.
When necessary liaise with other departments, Sales, Service and Finance to provide a high level of support from the Parts Operation.
Key Skills and Experience Required.
• A minimum of ten years in a senior sales position preferably in a multi franchise automotive aftermarket environment
• Degree level or similar vocational/professional qualifications.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Thorough understanding of sales systems, sales process/CRM/pipeline management experience
• Ability to manage counter and field based sales teams across a large geographical area encompassing a large number of branches.
• A proficient command of the English language both spoken and written is essential
• Knowledge of Arabic would be a significant advantage.
• Experience of working in a multi cultural organisation in the Middle East would be a major benefit.
• Motivation / appetite and the ability to adapt and grow beyond initial areas of responsibility to the challenges and organizational aspirations that the Company has for the future
The position reports to the Parts Director with direct line responsibility for the sales activity through Regional Parts Managers and associated parts sales team.
• Whole of business is growing
• Parts organisation needs to keep pace with equipment sales growth
• Excellent and increasing reliability is diminishing traditional downstream parts opportunities
• Need therefore to exploit new parts market opportunities
• Opportunity to enhance current reputation for being resourceful and innovative in sourcing and delivering to customer requirements
Parts Business Background and Priorities
• Excellent stock Management and Logistics ability
• Current sales activity is more transactional than strategic:
- Good with existing customers on existing product lines
- Good at managing closely related issues (e.g. credit control)
• Need to take a more sophisticated approach to sales:
- Structure/focus of field sales team
- Use of Oracle MI to provide analysis and reporting, and to inform decisions and activity
• Move to a more measurable and accountable environment
• Identify, win and implement new parts and accessory franchises / suppliers.