The John Clark Motor Group is one of Scotland’s largest motor dealer groups representing 9 franchises in 16 dealerships in the East of Scotland and employing 780+ staff. With 1968 origins, the group is a wholly family owned and managed business of leading motor trade franchises. The last three years have all seen record financial results, with annual turnover now in excess of £350 million, including the sale of approaching 16,000 cars, vans and motorcycles. Whilst subject to central financial targets & controls, the spirit of the business is to reward, encourage & empower those with the drive to deliver high levels of customer & colleague satisfaction.
Group Financial Controller
At an exciting time for a still growing business this opportunity has arisen due to internal promotion.
This role will be based at the Company’s head office in Aberdeen and will include group level administration and co-ordination of group banking, treasury, insurance, payroll, pensions and taxation duties.
- Daily point of head office based contact for general financial queries.
- Direct control of the head office accounts function
- Group level co-ordination of payroll and associated taxation or pension issues, including HMR&C Real Time Initiative & Stakeholder legislation.
- Direct co-ordination and HMR&C liaison concerning any in-year taxation matters e.g. quarterly group VAT returns, annual P11ds etc
- Administration & co-ordination of group banking, insurance and other company secretarial support duties.
- Weekly/monthly Treasury basis reviews of group wide vehicle stocking lines
- Year-end statutory accounts and corporation tax support to FD & auditors.
- As required deputy & holiday coverage support for the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will be a self motivated finance professional with highly effective communication & teamwork skills.
A formal finance qualification such as CA or ACCA is desired, with previous motor trade or retail sales experience seen as advantageous but not essential.
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package for this role which include a company vehicle, group contributory pension, private medical health care and death in service benefit along with the opportunity to work for a forward thinking progressive group.
Please forward a CV to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.