Our client is an automotive manufacturer of passenger cars with high ambitions to grow their vehicle sales in the fleet sector. They are now looking for a Head of Fleet Sales to manage their fleet sales and a team of circa 4 people.
We are seeking someone with excellent leadership and strategic ability, a strong track record in fleet sales working for an automotive manufacturer and excellent contacts with the major contract hire and leasing companies.
This is a leadership role within a manufacturer organization with the responsibility of strategic and operational oversight of fleet business and involves:
• Developing the manufacturer’s fleet sales strategy including channel mix, residual value management, dealer network engagement and team leadership
• Operational management of fleet sales function including sales forecasting and delivery, order to delivery oversight, internal control and audit compliance, system and process improvements.
• Relationship management with key customers and influencers to acquire new business for the manufacturer
• Regular internal representation of fleet sales across functions to ensure that company strategy and decisions complement fleet sales objectives.
• Overall responsibility for new customer acquisition in corporate sector – via management of a field team.
• Relationship management with key senior contacts and competitive positioning of the manufacturer’s product at FIN50 Contract Hire companies
• Relationship management with key senior contacts and competitive positioning of the manufacturer’s product at Motability
• Relationship management with key rental customers, secure annual supply contracts with a balanced mix of risk and buyback business.
• Relationship management with CAP, monthly monitoring of residual values (trend analysis as well as competitive benchmarking)
• Fleet marketing
• Develop and deploy plans for a Fleet Specialist Dealer footprint
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record in fleet sales working for an automotive manufacturer
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and strategic ability
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Demonstrate a very strong business acumen and a highly focused, target driven approach
• Demonstrate a strong network of contacts with the major UK leasing & contract hire companies
• Be a pro-active and driven sales person with the ability to open doors and close sales
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have a high level of integrity
• Demonstrate a progressive career history to date
• Be ambitious and proactive and demonstrate the potential for future promotion within the company
• Be living in, or prepared to relocate to, the Northern Home Counties.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter stating your salary expectations to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.