Our client is an automotive manufacturer of passenger cars with high ambitions to grow their vehicle sales in the fleet sector. They are now looking for a Head of Fleet Sales to manage their fleet sales and a team of circa 4 people.
We are seeking someone with excellent leadership and strategic ability, a strong track record in fleet sales working for an automotive manufacturer and excellent contacts with the major contract hire and leasing companies.
This is a leadership role within a manufacturer organization with the responsibility of strategic and operational oversight of fleet business and involves:
• Developing the manufacturer’s fleet sales strategy including channel mix, residual value management, dealer network engagement and team leadership
• Operational management of fleet sales function including sales forecasting and delivery, order to delivery oversight, internal control and audit compliance, system and process improvements.
• Relationship management with key customers and influencers to acquire new business for the manufacturer
• Regular internal representation of fleet sales across functions to ensure that company strategy and decisions complement fleet sales objectives.
• Overall responsibility for new customer acquisition in corporate sector – via management of a field team.
• Relationship management with key senior contacts and competitive positioning of the manufacturer’s product at FIN50 Contract Hire companies
• Relationship management with key senior contacts and competitive positioning of the manufacturer’s product at Motability
• Relationship management with key rental customers, secure annual supply contracts with a balanced mix of risk and buyback business.
• Relationship management with CAP, monthly monitoring of residual values (trend analysis as well as competitive benchmarking)
• Fleet marketing
• Develop and deploy plans for a Fleet Specialist Dealer footprint
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record in fleet sales working for an automotive manufacturer
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and strategic ability
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Demonstrate a very strong business acumen and a highly focused, target driven approach
• Demonstrate a strong network of contacts with the major UK leasing & contract hire companies
• Be a pro-active and driven sales person with the ability to open doors and close sales
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have a high level of integrity
• Demonstrate a progressive career history to date
• Be ambitious and proactive and demonstrate the potential for future promotion within the company
• Be living in, or prepared to relocate to, the Northern Home Counties.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter stating your salary expectations to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.