HPI, established since 1938, is a market leader and brand synonymous with vehicle provenance checking, now a division of Solera Holdings inc whose portfolio also includes global insurance claims solutions provider Audatex.
Reporting into the Management Director based at HPI Head Offices in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
This role is responsible for;
• Maintaining excellent relationships with Trade Associations and Government Bodies.
• Enabling the company to keep abreast of Consumer Law, Government Legislation, Industry Best Practice and Legal issues. Managing the vision of what the company needs to focus on for the short, medium and long term, the successful applicant will be PR orientated with a consultative but highly influential management approach.
• Overseeing a small support team.
The successful candidate will be required to have;
• Immense presence and influence, the role will appeal to well established experts in this field.
• The personality and track record of previous success in maintaining positive long term business relationships inside and outside the Automotive Industry with major organisations such as the DVLA, BVRLA, Trading Standards, Home Office, ABI, RMI and SMMT.
• A strong awareness of HPI’s product range and the market it operates within.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels within the company and with external business partners and customers.
• Excellent organizational, follow-through, problem solving and analytical skills, whilst being creative.
• Strength in researching, understanding and succinctly explaining complex situations.
• High degree of integrity to handle confidential assignments.
• Hiring, managing and motivating a high performance team whilst being willing, ready, and able to learn and execute the Solera Way of conducting business.
Selection for this role will be via a formal interview and board level presentation.
1. Are you a well known figure within the Automotive business capable of forging excellent relationships at a senior level?
2. Do you have a thorough understanding of the sectors which HPI are working with, together with Industry bodies and the ability to influence and political aspects of Consumer Law?
3. Can you give evidence of excellent of PR affinity, together with an eloquent and highly influential management style?
4. Are you able to guide both short and long term policies within a commercial business?