Role: IT /Software / Application Developer
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 – dependant on experience
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Our client is a leading fleet management and vehicle leasing company, which have been managing fleets for more than 50 years and have a fleet in excess of 50,000 vehicles.
Due to continued growth and success they are now looking to recruit a talented Applications Developer to support all activities related to the maintenance, development, and implementation of the company’s software applications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Role;
- To support the Applications Development Manager to review, stabilise, enhance and consolidate existing internal and customer facing applications
- To work with the Applications Development Manager to develop new, innovative, exciting, marketing leading internal and customer facing applications using the latest technologies
- To work with the Applications Development Manager and Project Managers to ensure new customer implementations are delivered smoothly and efficiently
- To complete approved relevant Requests for Change (RFCs) assigned by the Applications Development Manager
- To ensure all applications are fully documented and kept up-to-date.
- To support the Applications Development Manager and on appropriate new business and system projects
- To ensure all applications are thoroughly tested before they’re deployed to the production environment
- To support and Applications Development Manager in delivering the IS Strategy
To be considered for the above role you must comply with the following criteria;
- Excellent communicator with strong customer focus.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong performer within a team and/or individually.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Logical and practical problem solver.
- Ability to take ownership of a requirement and deliver.
· Documentation and time management skills.
· At least 2 years’ web development experience, preferably in relation to customer facing web systems.
· Full project life cycle experience.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and 7.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
· Understanding of IS Security and Risks.
· MS Linq
· ASP.Net 4
· SQL SSIS and DTS Packages
· Knowledge in Microsoft SharePoint.
· HTML 5
Key Locations – Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Basingstoke, Guildford, Petersfield, Chichester, Havant, Hedge End, Romsey, Waterlooville, Whitely, Winchester,
Key Words – HTML, Mircosoft, Application, Developer, ASP, .NET, C#, software, developer, manager, IT, Information, Technology, PC, Computer, Internet, Website, Programme, Program.