A brand new appointment with this highly successful Importer of specialist/leisure vehicles, clothing and accessories to oversee Product Planning and Compliance for the European, Middle East and African markets. We require a knowledgeable expert in product compliance, homologation, regulatory issues with experience gained across a wide sector within a Manufacturer/Importer environment, ideally on a pan-European/international platform.
Your remit will encompass product, accessories and clothing for this iconic brand, reporting to the relevant Director at Head Office, with matrix responsibility to Regional Operations Directors too. This position obviously works closely with the market teams to understand and evaluate product offerings for each Country, pre-empting the necessary regulatory requirements for product launches and new model introductions.
Therefore, an astute understanding of engineering/technical, marketing, operations and manufacturing is anticipated, supported by outstanding enthusiasm, commitment, people leadership/motivation and influence within the business.
There will be regular travel to the relevant regions and spoken European languages would be desirable but not essential for the role.
Finally, we would expect a relevant Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing or Operations to feature in our shortlisted candidate profiles. Initial interviews will be held before the Christmas break, with Client interviews taking place in early January 2013.
1. Are you an expert in Product Compliance, Regulation and Planning Management?
2. Does your expertise cover vehicles, parts, accessories and clothing?
3. Are you educated to degree level with a career encompassing manufacturing, engineering, logistics, operations and Product Marketing?
4. Can you demonstrate pan-European or International experience?
5. Do you have an integrative and consultative management style that will be effective on an International platform?