Our client is a unique leasing business with a specialist customer base. It is seeking an ambitious automotive industry expert to join them as Manufacturer Relations Manager. You will lead a small team which develops and maintains effective relationships between the company and vehicle manufacturer partners. This role offers an excellent opportunity for someone in a first-level management role to move up to a senior management role.
This role would suit someone with a background working in the automotive industry. Your experience will need to include time in a fleet role but you will probably have worked across a range of functions both in the field and head office. A background with an automotive manufacturer would be ideal, however candidates with experience in a leasing company or large dealer group would also be considered. We are seeking a really talented, degree educated individual who has both people skills and a strong head for figures. You will need experience managing a team and be able to understand vehicle pricing and specifications. As your role is all about working with vehicle manufacturers, the ability to understand and empathise with the manufacturers’ needs and considerations is essential for success in this role.
• To develop and maintain effective relationships between the company and vehicle manufacturer partners.
• To ensure that vehicle manufacturers understand and engage positively with the scheme.
• To deliver sustainable pricing that provides a wide choice for customers and value for all stakeholders.
• To ensure consistent service levels from car manufacturers for the company’s customers
• To ensure that different departments within the business understand and take into account the manufacturer perspective
• To lead a team of three Manufacturer Account Managers and ensure that they are motivated to successfully deliver clearly defined objectives.
Experience and qualifications:
• Current knowledge of the Automotive industry – including an excellent understanding of the UK fleet sector, whole life cost drivers and product trends.
• Experience of high profile relationship management with either suppliers or customers
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and present data effectively using MS Office – particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
• Experience of leading a team to achieve objectives.
• Graduate calibre.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.