Reporting to: Aftersales and Parts Business Manager
Overall purpose of job:
To manage the commercial development of the Parts Business for MG Motor UK and support the Logistics requirements
for MG Parts and MG Accessories.
· Manage the daily interface requirements with the MG Motor Parts Centre Parts operated by Multipart under a
third party (3PL) contract relationship – logistics covering Parts and Accessories
· Understand and work with the Parts business processes – PartsLink ( Parts ordering by Dealers),Internal processes ( Parts ordering from ASD via MG Motor SAP system, Parts Cost management ,with MG Finance)
· Establish and operate a Parts Price Control system/process that enables the maintenance of the MG Parts file.
· Set up and utilise appropriate Parts pricing databases enabling the competitive positioning of MG Parts prices
resulting in competitive cost of ownership for MG customers.
· Ensure that the MG SAP system receives updates of Parts price files
· Provide the main Operational interface between MG Motor UK and the dealer network on all parts related issues.
· Liaise with SAIC Aftersales Service Division (ASD) to ensure that they provide continuous development and
control of all model Service Bill of Materials (S.BOM)
· Ensure that an MG EPC is current and provided to dealers –initially through SAIC ASD.
· Co ordinate the outbound (to dealer ) transport contract with 3PL partner
· Co ordinate the inbound (from ASD/CC) transport contract with 3PL partner.
· Set up and develop the MG Motor Parts Standards in collaboration with the MG Franchising Manager.
· Work with the MG Product Manager to Provide logistics support for MG Accessories developed by the MG
· Ensure that Parts supply contract obligations for MG TF are met.
· Identify commercially beneficial sales opportunities (to XPart) for TF parts.
Special requirements (tools and equipment used, external contacts etc.)
· Experience of working in a similar role for a vehicle manufacturer
· Commercial appreciation of the automotive parts and accessories business.
· Knowledge of basic parts logistics
Other Features of job (shifts, travel, working conditions etc.)
· UK dealer and supplier trips
· Product Manager/Regional Operations Manager/Operations Planning Manager
Location of Job: Longbridge, Head office based and with frequent trips to the dealer network.
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com,
explaining why you are attracted to this position, including details of your current salary / expectations.