Experienced Motor Trade Dealership Accountant -Ipswich, Suffolk
Mon- Friday: 40 hour week
£30,000 + Bonus
Our Motor Trade clients urgently seek an experienced Dealership Accountant to work within their busy Motor Trade dealership.
Our Motor Trade Clients require:
· Experience of controlling clerical work, administration, systems and financial matters
· Proven track record in managing people and systems
· Financial experience in the motor industry
· Knowledge of finance legislation, consumer legislation and trade practices
· Computer skills, including experience of operating word processing and database packages, email and internet
· Advise the General Manager and senior managers on the financial policies and ensure adherence to them.
· Advise the General Manager as necessary in the financial affairs of the business by providing professional expertise.
To provide regular, accurate and meaningful financial accounts and other daily/weekly/period reports to Head Office, General Manager and senior managers as required.
To oversee and control the dealership’s borrowings, cash flow and liquidity, briefing the General Manager daily.
To monitor financial performance and produce Key Performance Indicators for all departments.
To advise Departmental Managers on financial performance, margins, costs and overheads, comparing actual to plan.
To ensure optimum cash operating cycle by careful control of creditors, debtors and stock.
To ensure proper and safe custody of all cash and convertible securities on premises and in transit in line with Group policy.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for all accounts department employees, Sales Administrators and Dealership Telephonist / Receptionist. You will deal directly with Banks, Credit companies and managers within the group.
The ideal applicant must have the ability to provide financial guidance and advice at all levels and posses an up to date knowledge on all matters relating to accounting standards and practice, finance, taxation and trends within the market.
Our Motor Trade Clients require the applicant to have an Accounts background from with in the Motor Trade as you will have to have knowledge of Motor Trade Dealership procedures.
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2008.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited’s prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.