A highly successful automotive manufacturer is seeking an Accessory Product Manager to join their head office team based in the home counties/M25 region.
This role would suit a degree educated individual with strong numerical and analytical skills and the desire to build a career with a leading automotive manufacturer. Work experience in a commercial role – either as an intern or post graduation is required. Any experience working in the automotive sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
Overall purpose of role:
Full accessory product management strategy development and deployment for passenger and commercial vehicles (including zero emission vehicles).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Full accessory product management responsibility for passenger cars and LCV’s.
- Development of accessory marketing strategies to increase accessory sales & profit.
- Research and analysis of accessory market trends in order to exploit profit opportunities, particularly focusing on emerging technology.
- Negotiation with European head office to ensure optimal range of accessories available for the UK market.
- Management of all local supplier relationships.
- Liaison with relevant internal departments to maximise opportunities presented by new vehicle launches and campaigns.
- Responsibility for co-ordinating Internet and Intranet content.
- Management of the Merchandise Programme
- Management of 1 team member
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a graduate, ideally with a marketing-related qualification (degree or other)
- Some previous supplier management experience is desirable
- Experience working for an automotive manufacturer or similar company – possibly on a graduate scheme would be advantageous but is not essential
- Be PC literate - strong Excel, Access and Powerpoint skills an advantage
- Good level of numeracy
- Be able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writte
In return you will be offered a competitive basic salary, car and excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career with a highly successful and progressive automotive manufacturer.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Nicola Hedges at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.