British Car Auctions is presently Europe’s largest used vehicle auction company, selling well over 1 million vehicles every year. It has 46 branches in 12 European countries: UK, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden and Germany, and serves buyers from all countries through its auction centres or online. It sells on behalf of a wide range of vendors including:
• Fleet owners and small companies
• Leasing and finance companies
• New and used car dealers
• Car importers and manufacturers
• Banks and Financial Institutions
• Private individuals
The company does not generally own the stock it sells, but instead acts as a neutral intermediary between vendors and buyers. Auction centres can be found on the group website or on one of the country websites. It uses both physical auction centres and online selling to remarket vehicles across its extensive customer base and handles the logistics for over 1 million vehicles per year, including collections, deliveries, vehicle inspection, storage and vehicle preparation.
BCA has an extensive range of IT Systems which are used both internally and by its customers. To support the successful delivery of these IT systems the business is looking to recruit a Project Manager.
Reporting to the Head of IT Programme Delivery this is an exciting and challenging role responsible for the successful delivery of assigned IT projects. Candidates must have strong automotive experience, have strong customer focus, have a track record of delivering complex IT projects, have a Prince 2 or MSP qualification and worked in a fast paced IT environment.
Main Duties of the role include:
• To manage assigned projects through the project gate process from initiation to successful delivery and handover to BAU.
• To ensure clear definition, agreement, and management of project scope with the business, IT stakeholders and customers.
• To ensure project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies are logged and managed, taking input from the business, IT stakeholders and customers and reflected in project planning.
• To complete and maintain Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) and Project Plans to ensure all requirements and deliverables are captured.
• To ensure all project members are aware of their tasks via Work Packages and monitor progress.
• To hold regular project meetings with all stakeholders and project members to ensure they are aware of project status, issues, risks, tasks status and achievements.
• To manage and if necessary escalate project changes, issues and risks to the Head of IT Programme Delivery and relevant project sponsor (s).
• To support the PMO by ensuring accurate project status information is provided.
• Excellent communicator with strong customer focus.
• Ability to work with stakeholders from all levels.
• Strong performer within a team and/or individually.
• “Can do” attitude.
• Logical and practical problem solver.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Ability to matrix-manage.
• Ability to take ownership of a project or change and deliver.
• Attention to detail.
• Prince 2 Practitioner or MSP.
• Strong experience of working in the automotive industry.
• Documentation and time management skills.
• Full project life cycle experience.
• Excellent knowledge of business and system transactions.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel.
The role is based at BCA’s head office in Farnham, Surrey. Travel will be required across the UK and potentially in mainland Europe as required. The position comes with a competitive salary, fully expensed company vehicle, pension scheme and life assurance, 23 days holiday a year and the very latest IT equipment required to perform the job.