Santander Consumer Finance is a leading consumer finance company operating in 13 European countries. We are part of Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world and our success is down to our people. We recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
The Regional Manager is responsible for the management of Retail and Wholesale revenues, within their appointed region, with the aim of exceeding performance, quality and service related objectives.
Reporting directly to the National Sales Manager (Leisure), the successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the management of trading relationships with Leisure Dealers across the Northern region (inc N. Ireland). This will involve working closely with our manufacturer partners to secure mutual objectives.
Deliver sustainable Retail, Wholesale, and profitability revenue targets through:
Sales & Account Management:
• Ensure dealer loyalty is maintained, with recommended strategies developed to maximise sales volumes through increased finance penetration
• Be proactive in developing the finance performance of dealers within your assigned region
• Manage prospecting / renewals activity within the region
• Develop consultative, valued and successful relationships at all levels within dealerships
• Lead and support development of a sales business plan for all assigned supporting dealerships
• Assist the risk team to manage the company's exposure via close monitoring of dealer performance
Margin & Profit Management:
• Conduct regular detailed dealer reviews with Dealer Principals and other management as required, analysing performance against targets in order to identify best practice, initiate process improvements, increase sales and profitability
• Support line management in job specific project work as required
• Negotiate dealer terms packages and related objectives
Dealer Sales Skills Management:
• Provide coaching to dealer sales teams and management to help improve related sales performance
• Identify key development areas and engage the Santander Training & Development team where necessary
• Implement Finance driven trade cycle management processes within dealerships
• Liaise with our manufacturer partner Area Managers to jointly develop dealer relationships
• Monitor dealer stock profile and provide finance based solutions to drive stock turn and sales
• Participate in presentations and negotiations as required
• Liaise with the Risk Department to assist in the preparation of wholesale credit submissions
• Ensure that supporting dealers are promoting and selling finance compliantly within regulatory guidelines determined by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Time Management
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following skills and experience:
• Excellent verbal and non verbal communication skills
• Strong numerical, presentation and influencing skills
• Excellent time management
• Sound knowledge of distribution channels and consumer legislation
• The successful candidate will live in or be prepared to move to the specified region
• Previous experience within the leisure industry (motorcycle, recreational/utility vehicle, watercraft) either as a successful Sales Executive and/or finance specialist
• An in depth knowledge of retail finance and associated products
• Experience of a controlled sales process within a dealer environment
• Coaching or training experience
• Has the appropriate level of tertiary education or professional marketing related qualifications.
• The jobholder must possess a full driving licence.
• Company car.
• Employee car scheme
• Company pension scheme.
• Range of Santander products with discounted rates
Closing Date - 11/02/2015
email@example.com - quoting reference number RMLAM
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.