Our client is a leading supplier of original equipment parts including hoses, belts, metal parts, accessories and services for passenger cars and light trucks. They are now seeking a Regional Sales Manager to manage a field team who sell their products to the automotive aftermarket via distributors and Buying Groups major accounts.
This role would suit some with a strong sales/business development background in the automotive aftermarket, experience selling into distributors and buying groups and a track record successfully managing a sales team. You will ideally live in Central England somewhere between the M4 and M62 with good access to roads and an airport.
Basic Purpose and Function
- Responsible for the achievement of Sales Budgets in the UK and Ireland for pricing and profitability in the market
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and planning of sales and the specific sales conditions that are needed to achieve and exceed budgets on all product lines
- Responsible for the management of the UK sales team of District Sales Managers.
- Development of a strong commercial and personal relationship with direct customers and ensuring that their accounts are correctly managed,
- Development of strong and positive relationships with all internal stakeholders including marketing and finance
- Developing new customers for all products on a direct and indirect basis.
The Successful Candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- (University) Degree in Business and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience selling into distributors and buying groups in the automotive aftermarket
- A track record of successfully managing a sales team.
- Be living in Central England somewhere between the M4 and M62 with good access to roads and an airport.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Proven management, motivational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills with strong selling and communication skills (both written and oral).
- An outgoing personality, creativity and proficiency in developing sales programs, holding sales meetings and interacting with customers.
- The ability to plan and organize activities related to strategic/tactical planning and market analysis, along with a broad understanding of financial matters.
- A goal oriented approach, instilling in associates a “sense of urgency” towards execution of tactics to achieve objectives.
- The ability to apply an analytical approach to evaluating a variety of complex or novel problems and to develop favorable solutions.
The role requires work from a home office and 70% travel to maintain customer, prospect, field associate, industry association and other market contacts. Dynamics of this position often requires evening and weekend meetings with customers and trade shows.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to Julia Pennington at Copeland Select, Automotive Recruitment.
Please visit our website: www.copelandselect.co.uk for further opportunities in the Automotive Industry.