Service Manager - Automotive
Salary £35,000 plus departmental bonus scheme
Are you a successful Automotive Service Manager looking for a new challenge?
Hartwell are a leading multi-franchise retail motor group in the UK and has been trading successfully for nearly 100 years. Operating 27 franchised dealerships across 12 locations, we currently represent brands including Citroen, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar, MG, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault and SEAT.
We are seeking an experienced Automotive Service Manager to work in Oxfordshire to ensure the department's efficient and profitable operation. You will have responsibility for the aftersales team and be immediately responsible to the General Manager, whilst also liaising with other dealership representatives, including the Group Aftersales Manager, sales team, parts department, suppliers and manufacturer representatives.
Service Manager Key responsibilities:
· Ensure accurate recording of all daily operating controls and KPIs
· Make sure premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used effectively
· Ensure all materials purchased are adequately controlled
· Be certain that maximum efficiency and profitability whilst providing a high level of customer satisfaction
· Maintain an effective control of expenses in line with agreed objectives by regular examination and review of management accounts and budgets
· Examine sales ledger information to ensure all outstanding debts have been collected within due time periods and customer queries and concerns, responded to and resolved within 24 hours of them being raised
· Establish and maintain training needs analysis to provide satisfactory levels of knowledge, skill, job satisfaction and cost-effective development of key Aftersales personnel
· Control resources and utilise assets and maximise profitability through effective sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants and other products and services
The ideal Service Manager:
· Have excellent technical knowledge gained in retail motor industry as well as previous management experience in similar role
· Be qualified and have a technical, professional ad engineering qualifications
· Must be numerate and articulate with outstanding communication and leadership skills
· Have knowledge of vehicle design, manufacture and legislation
· Knowledge of modern business methods and financial control
· A full driving licence
If you are looking to join a growing company that can offer excellent rewards, then you need to apply for this position now.