Sandown is a privately owned Mercedes-Benz group operating across six sites. The group is responsible for two of Mercedes-Benz UK’s market areas and employs approximately 370 people. Sandown is focused on being innovative and dynamic and is committed to delivering an exceptional experience to its Mercedes Benz customers.
An opportunity has arisen to join Sandown Mercedes-Benz in this challenging role. Reporting to the Dealer Principal and working in conjunction with the Head of After sales the key responsibility for this role will be to develop a site Service strategy for Guildford, focusing on capturing all available revenue streams and development and utilisation of human resource to achieve the business objective.
The successful candidate will independently manage and develop a customer-oriented and profitable 19 Bay workshop in Guildford. This includes, in particular, optimally utilising the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department, as well as planning, controlling and monitoring processes in customer services areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Defining market targets for the workshop within the framework of performance targets defined by Mercedes-Benz UK and, together with the Company management, drawing up corresponding annual plans.
• Controlling cost management for the site.
• Compiling and maintaining a resource plan for the workshop and developing concepts and measures for load optimisation.
• Ensuring planning for facilities, bays, machines, tools, diagnosis installations, etc. is carried out correctly; optimal design of workplaces and processes.
• Preparing planning and calculations for investments in workshops, facilities and HR together with the Company management.
• Managing, coaching and motivating employees to ensure a high quality of staff.
• Monitoring the regional market with respect to new competitors and carrying out analyses of the competition/benchmarking in Services.
• Performance analysis to identify areas of weakness and appropriate, targeted marketing activity.
• Reviewing CSI surveys and other measures for monitoring customer satisfaction.
• Ensuring correct completion of Vehicle Health Checks, up sell conversions and follow up of unsold, deferred work process.
An attractive salary package will be offered along with a Company car. Other benefits include a Company Pension and Life Assurance.
The successful candidate will have significant relevant retail motor experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a challenging and fast paced automotive environment. Candidates will need to have outstanding drive, ambition, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills.
A full Driving Licence is essential as local travel will be required.
For more details please contact