Job Title: Service Manager – Seat (Automotive)
Salary: Basic £28K OTE £40K
Our client is one of the UK’s most successful Automotive Dealer Groups. Now ranked as the 19th highest grossing Dealer Group in the UK (Am100 2011), they have grown at an extraordinary rate since the businesses conception back in 1991. They are proud to be one of the largest privately owned groups in the country and now represent 12 marquees across 14 sites with a staff base of over 800.
Due to continued business requirements they are now recruiting for a Service Manager for the team in Nottingham. Reporting into The General Manager responsibilities of the role are as follows:
· Leads the Service Team by Ensuring all members of the Service team understand the implications of the brand Experience for their role and monitors performance against agreed customer service targets, personally demonstrating and encouraging the skills and behaviours associated with the Seat Brand Values, and ensures that the Service team work closely with colleagues in Sales, Parts and Administration to deliver excellent customer service
· Manages performance to achieve key targets and deliver continuous improvement by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Service Department to ensure the achievement of key targets (e.g. workshop loading and labour sales).
· Manages and develops individuals by Monitoring staff training needs, ensuring training and development plans are in place and up to date for all members of the team
· Provides advice and sign-off on key issues Overseeing warranty claims processing, ensuring manufacturer's requirements are strictly adhered to, managing the marketing activity, resourcing requirements and the day to day activities of the service valeting and driving teams
Key Success Criteria
· Workshop utilisation and efficiency
· Strong Leadership from the front
· Accessory and parts sales (volume/margin)
· Aftersales Performance Indicators
· Customer satisfaction and Mystery Shopper results
· Resolve Customer complaints
· Customer retention
· Staff motivation
· Teamworking across the Centre
The ideal person:
· Is very competitive, ambitious and goal-orientated and also wants responsibility for and authority over people
· Is focused on results, goes directly to the heart of a problem to get things done and will not be distracted from their goals
· Independent and decisive, capable of thinking autonomously, using initiative and acting on there own
· Wants to keep at it until they get results
· Is capable of making decisions, standing up against some resistance from others and sticking to something they believe in
· Restless and driving, energetic, works well under pressure and enjoys working to tight deadlines
· Can adjust to change and is quick to respond to new situations
· Sociable and outgoing, they understand people; see their point of view and gets along well with others.
In 1991 the company introduced 5 core values, which they still look for today in each and every employee.
Exceeding Customer Expectations
“Always deliver what we have promised. If in doubt, under promise and over deliver”
“We will improve our service through integrity, cooperation and innovation. If we don't look after our customers, someone else will”
Right first time attitude
“Everyone has one chance to make a good first impression. Remember, the reputation of the whole company is in the hands of each individual”
Trust and Respect
“Always treat customers and colleagues as we ourselves would like to be treated”
“Only by working together can we deliver an outstanding customer experience every time. This is how we will earn our customer's loyalty”
With 51% of their currently staff base holding over 5 years continuous service, and 15% holding over 10 years service, this is a business where their employees want to stay!
If you feel you have the skill sets to succeed within this highly competitive sales environment then APPLY TODAY.
Key Locations: Nottingham
Key Words: Service, Aftersales, Managers, Team Leaders, Work Shop, Technician.