Intercounty Truck & Van Limited, a Mercedes Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealer operating predominantly in the home counties of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Buckinghamshire is seeking an experienced Service Manager to work from our Milton Keynes facility. With a turnover of £45 – £50 million per annum the Company operates in Sales and Aftersales of both Trucks & Vans. With our head office in Wellingborough and with an employee base of 175 employee’s business growth coupled with expansion is an important element of the business plan.
This is a key and senior management position within the business, reporting directly to the Aftersales Director the key responsibilities encompassing this position include the following:
• Maintaining and improving business and financial performance.
• Providing accurate and timely business and financial information.
• To control basic business principals of efficiency, utilisation & productivity.
• Managing and developing a team of productive and non productive employees.
• Planning, controlling and monitoring processes in customer service areas.
• Consistently exceed customer expectations and provide first class service to all internal and external customers.
• Encourage repeat sales and continued vehicle service opportunities.
• Previous experience within the automotive industry is paramount
• A competent vehicle service specialist and an experienced people manager.
• Computer literate and must have experience of ADP Kerridge version 8.0 or above.
• Confident to use initiative, solve problems and report data accurately.
• A minimum of five years experience within this or a similar role.
• Is able to demonstrate strong commitment to the role and the organisation.
• Can demonstrate a strong sense of leadership within the Aftersales environment.
• Flexible in regard to the needs of the business as the business grows throughout the designated region.
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Fully expensed Company car.
• Contributory pension scheme and death in service cover.
Applying for the Position
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2009. Applications should include a valid and current CV and be submitted to: -
Human Resources Department
Intercounty Truck & Van Limited
Finedon Road Industrial Estate