Intercounty Truck & Van Limited, a Mercedes Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealer operating predominantly in the home counties of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Buckinghamshire is seeking an experienced Service Manager to work from our Milton Keynes facility. With a turnover of £45 – £50 million per annum the Company operates in Sales and Aftersales of both Trucks & Vans. With our head office in Wellingborough and with an employee base of 175 employee’s business growth coupled with expansion is an important element of the business plan.
This is a key and senior management position within the business, reporting directly to the Aftersales Director the key responsibilities encompassing this position include the following:
• Maintaining and improving business and financial performance.
• Providing accurate and timely business and financial information.
• To control basic business principals of efficiency, utilisation & productivity.
• Managing and developing a team of productive and non productive employees.
• Planning, controlling and monitoring processes in customer service areas.
• Consistently exceed customer expectations and provide first class service to all internal and external customers.
• Encourage repeat sales and continued vehicle service opportunities.
• Previous experience within the automotive industry is paramount
• A competent vehicle service specialist and an experienced people manager.
• Computer literate and must have experience of ADP Kerridge version 8.0 or above.
• Confident to use initiative, solve problems and report data accurately.
• A minimum of five years experience within this or a similar role.
• Is able to demonstrate strong commitment to the role and the organisation.
• Can demonstrate a strong sense of leadership within the Aftersales environment.
• Flexible in regard to the needs of the business as the business grows throughout the designated region.
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Fully expensed Company car.
• Contributory pension scheme and death in service cover.
Applying for the Position
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2009. Applications should include a valid and current CV and be submitted to: -
Human Resources Department
Intercounty Truck & Van Limited
Finedon Road Industrial Estate
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.