SMART Repair Technician
Salary: £22,000 + Bonus
Hartwell are a leading multi-franchise retail motor group in the UK and has been trading successfully for nearly 100 years. Operating 27 franchised dealerships across 12 locations, we currently represent brands including Citroen, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar, MG, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault and SEAT.
Due to continued success and growth we are now seeking a SMART Repair Technician to become part of the team at our dealership in Dunstable.
Reporting in to the Service Manager the successful SMART Repair Technician will be responsible for carrying out “Paintwork” SMART repairs on internal and retail vehicles in line with deadlines and targets. Your responsibilities will also include:
· Preparing and painting vehicles in the Bodyshop to a high standard without direct supervision whenever required
· Liaising daily with the Workshop Controller and Service Manager to optimise performance, meet deadlines and targets set.
· Using all products economically to minimise waste and costs.
· Completing all work within agreed time scales and explaining work, charges and sell extended warranty,
· Following up with all customers within 1 week of completion of work to ensure customer satisfaction
The ideal candidate will ideally: be a SMART Repair Technician, possess a full clean driving licence and have a willingness to be flexible. You will be expected to deliver the quality standards that our clients customers expect, emphasis will be placed on skill base in the following areas;
· Practical application of water based paint systems and UHS Clear coat products
· Ability to carry out minor repairs and refinish techniques to metal and plastic panels
· Customer and Team Communication Skills and Understanding of current Health and Safety legislation applicable to the SMART repair industry
· Preferably with experience of working to British Standard PAS125
Attributes that are desirable but not essential are as follows: Paint less Dent Removal Skills, Alloy Wheel Repair Skills and Plastic Welding Skills.
So if you have necessary skills and experience to excel in the role of SMART Repair Technician, then please APPLY below.